Please choose one of our practice areas in order to learn more about the services we offer.
Brain injuries have the capacity to cause catastrophic, long-term damage. This damage can take many forms depending upon which part of the brain it affects. Damage may be physical, emotional or both. At Nehora Law Firm, our personal injury lawyers have represented clients throughout Orange County who have suffered traumatic brain injuries (TBI). If you have been affected, consult one of our attorneys today to receive a free consultation on how best we can deal with your specific case.
If your brain injuries, or the brain injuries of a loved one, have been caused through the recklessness of another person or entity, you are entitled to compensation. The precise compensation sum depends upon the nature and extent of the injuries in question. Again, the effect of brain damage depends upon which part of the brain has been affected. Some of the most common injury effects include:
- Failure to properly control emotional responses
- Physical impairment or disablement
- Difficulties sensing and interpreting their immediate surroundings
- Sense of confusion and an inability to rationally control thought
- Permanent changes in one’s personality and outlook
- Memory loss and initial loss of consciousness
Of course, this list is by no means exhaustive. There are many other variations of brain injuries one can suffer from. There is also enormous variation in how these various injuries are experienced. These injuries are typically sustained by physical blows or impacts to the head; the head being penetrated by an external object, such as a bullet; or through acquired means – such as defective equipment. Children and babies, too, may suffer brain injuries through shaken baby syndrome.
The statistics surrounding brain injury accidents is startling. The Brain Injury Association of California report that:
- Almost 2 million people suffer from TBIs each year
- Of these 2 million people, approximately 50,000 die each year
- The most common causes of TBIs include falls (28%), motor vehicle accidents (20%), blows to the head (19%) and assaults (11%)
- Medical costs – both direct and indirect – cost upwards of $60 billion throughout the US each year Ruptured blood vessels and contusions (bruised brain tissue) often need to be met with surgery. Given the exorbitant medical costs, both from direct medical treatment and long-term treatment thereafter, compensation sums can rise quite considerably.
If you’d like to receive a free consultation, fill out our online form today. One of our brain injury accident lawyers will get back to you very shortly. Alternatively, you can call us direct at (949) 629-4349. During our consultation, we will discuss your case with you and establish what compensation you may be entitled to. From there, we chart a legal course toward settlement. Nehora Law Firm is committed to providing the very best legal service that alleviates the many economic burdens that come with brain injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation
Type in your contact information below and an attorney will contact you immediately to discuss your case.
Working together to deliver results that matter to you