If you or a loved one have received a diagnosis of complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), you are experiencing a life-altering event.
There are an array of challenges to overcome and a lifetime of expenses to plan for. The most common cause of complex regional pain syndrome is injury. Don't face these challenges alone or ill-prepared. Here's how Nehora Law Firm can bring relief after the diagnosis.
Relief Through Compensation
A personal injury lawyer takes up your personal injury case and pursues compensation from those responsible for causing the injury that has resulted in CRPS. Seeking financial compensation is one of the most important measures a victim can take to help preserve their ability to meet the challenges ahead. Living with CRPS can be financially draining.
Here are 5 ways compensation can bring relief:
- There are serious psychological effects linked to living with chronic pain, particularly if that pain is intense. Those diagnosed with CRPS will have lifelong need for support in areas such as depression and anxiety. Struggling with these medical problems can also affect the loved ones around you. By having the means to adequately provide the professional care needed to cope with the emotional challenges of CRPS, you and your loved ones can experience greater peace of mind that contributes to a better quality of life.
- Severe, chronic pain can be crippling. Such cases may require the assistance of professional caregivers. A person without a support network of family or friends might need caregivers around-the-clock. Even where such support exists, loved ones will need a break from time to time. It is important to have the means for the kind of care a person deserves to live their life with dignity.
- According to the National Institute of Health (NIH), it is not uncommon for CRPS to get worse, rather than better. This means that many diagnosed with CRPS may find themselves unable to remain employed in the future. Although a person may recover from an injury and then return to work, don’t let that prevent you from planning for possible future unemployment as a result of that same injury. Compensation today can secure your future tomorrow should CRPS progress and make it impossible to earn a living.
- Medical Care
- There is no cure for CRPS. There is only a lifetime of managing pain. This can take many shapes and forms over the course of time. A regimen of prescription pain management medication may become ineffective over time. One is then required to seek alternative treatment methods. It is not uncommon for some remedies to be successful yet not be covered by an insurance provider. For example, massage might work where a pill fails. Without adequate compensation to provide for out-of-pocket alternative treatment measures, an injury victim could find themselves without access to something that provides relief. And remember, this is for the rest of your life.
- Quality Of Life
- The ultimate goal is to achieve living a life with a disability that is still filled with joy and activities that are enriching. This might mean new expenses are created in one’s day-to-day life to accommodate for certain needs. Are there particular devices that make riding in an automobile more comfortable? Do mobility aids make it possible to navigate a day at the park safely while minimizing the intrusion of pain? Are sleep aids required to help you stay in a specific position for more restful sleep? These are all expenses that should be provided for you through compensation by those responsible for your injury. And they are expenses that will follow you throughout your lifetime.
Because of the lifelong nature of the expenses incurred by an injury, a person diagnosed with CRPS needs a skilled, experienced personal injury attorney.
Calculating the kind of compensation your quality of life deserves is a sophisticated formula. If you are in the Orange County area, please contact us to schedule a free consultation with a qualified legal professional committed to aggressively representing your best interest.Request a Free Consultation NO COST, we don't make a dime unless you do!